Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to stashing and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a web page, mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some web hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage services often include adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between individual hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting brand is good if you want to share an immense quantity of images with friends or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your email accounts. Some distributors provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to run as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to run a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content only.